Tuesday 8 January 2019

Hello...

My name is Jane. I am a blind student at Massachusetts Creative Arts College.
Over recent months, I have become increasingly aware that someone at college has been stalking me.
It started with the hairs on the back of my neck raising when I would be in the corridor between lectures. I was sure that someone was following me, staring at me and 'perving' at my butt. The corridor was always too crowded for me to be able to identify who it was but I gradually became more and more aware of this presence.

Then I started to become aware that the same person (a man I think) was often calling me on the phone and hanging up or passing outside my door. 'Hello' I would say, 'is it me you're calling for' but there would just be the sound of heavy breathing and then he would hang up.
I was sure now that it must be someone I knew at college. Maybe one of the other students or a janitor or something. Now that I came to think about it; I remembered always feeling strangely uncomfortable in drama classes. As if someone were staring intensely at me so...maybe it was someone from my drama course.
But when I mentally went through all the guys on the course, it didn't add up. I get on great with all of them, they aren't put off by my blindness. Always joking about me tripping them up with my cane in the corridors at college.

Finally things came to a head one afternoon in the summer. As usual, when alone in the corridor, I became aware of a presence in the hall with me. This time it was very close though.
'Hello..' I called out. But as usual there was no response. This time though he was close. I tapped against his foot with my cane and somehow managed to trace my other hand over his face before he turned and ran away.

It was time to confide in someone in authority. By this time I was feeling anxious all the time & the thought that this man had nearly got me alone made me feel sick.
I booked some time with Brenda (my personal tutor) & she was shocked but very supportive.
'Somehow we'll find a way to identify this perv and catch him' she assured me. But it was difficult to identify him as there was no way that I could give any useful physical description to the cops.
In the end, Brenda hit upon the genius idea of my trying to sculpt his features in my ceramics & clay sculpture class.

I had been taking 'Advanced Clay Sculpture' as an elective on my degree and am told that my busts are pretty impressive by my peers (no pun intended!).
Apparently, they bear an uncanny resemblance to the subject even though I am blind and can only really approximate what they look like by feeling them with my hands (which is often hilarious).
People are always asking me to 'do them' in class.

Brenda spoke to our ceramics lead and she set me up with a big pile of fresh clay & I went to work.
After just a couple of hours I had finished to the best of my recollection.
The response from everyone in the room when I turned it around to show everyone was dramatic to say the least.
The room was filled with shocked gasps and cries of anger as all present immediately recognised the man I had felt up in the hall as Mr Phillips our drama teacher. Even despite the fact that I had used up all of my extra clay on his hair so that it appeared that his face was being consumed by some kind of hair creature. I was told that it was unmistakably him.

Immediately my best friend Tommy bust out,
'' I'm going right now and get that sorry son of a bitch. He can explain to everyone what he means by perving on his blind female students. That sick F*#k isn't going to get away with it any more''.

A few moments later he returned with Mr Phillips in tow. Apparently Tommy had told him that 'something was happening in the sculpture class'.
I quickly confronted him with my big haired evidence.
'' this is how I see you'' I exclaimed in triumph.
He was obviously shocked at having been rumbled as he seemed to go a bit crazy & started walking around the room, singing to everyone that he was the one that I had been looking for or something.
What a psycho.

He was arrested later that day and will not be able to work in education in future from what I am given to understand.
I have stuck the clay bust of his head on the fence outside my flat as a warning to other 'would be' stalkers.




No comments:

Post a Comment